Philips Livingcolors LED mood lamp gadget
This is my pick of the one top gadget to buy this Christmas – the LivingColors LED Mood Lamp from Philips. Essentially it is a very simply lighting device but is one of those gadgets that reaches a wide audience. The idea behind this device is that it allows you to pick from a host of colours that compliments your mood creating a custom ambiance in whichever room you have it in. I have found that a certain orange (reminding me of the light you get in the summer as the sun is going down) and a lightly saturated blue (giving off a cooling soothing mood) are my favourites so far.
In the box you get:
- The LivingColors Mood Lamp unit (with a silk carrying case) – measures about 24cm x 28cm x 23cm and I reckon it’s the perfect size. The lamp itself is a really well designed water droplet type shape which works well and adds to it’s overall beauty.
- Remote control – which has all the control but is very simply laid out with touch sensitive buttons. Buttons range from on / off, brightness and colour saturation dimmers and of course the funky colour dial selector.
- Power supply
- Manual – you really don’t need to look at the manual it’s so simple to use.
The light output states it is about the same as a 15 Watt bulb but I think it’s more than this particularly on white light and full brightness.
The colour is produced from 4 long lasting (8-10 years) LED bulbs using colour intensity combinations from each bulb to create the colour you select.
To conclude this Philips LivingColors LED mood lamp is without doubt a fantastic present not just for Christmas but that can be used throughout the year (it has a white light so can be used as a normal lamp). I think it would be particularly good for calming people who get stressed, anyone who loves their colours or for anyone who is into interior design and making rooms look at their best. Also, of course, anyone who is a gadget fan will just love it (like me).
You’re currently reading “Philips Livingcolors LED mood lamp gadget”.
- Saturday, December 6th, 2008
- Simon Page
- Artwork (75)
- Design Inspiration (33)
- Design Resources (10)
- Excel (12)
- Filemaker (5)
- Gadgets (26)
- Music (3)
- Photography (3)
- Photoshop (1)
- Press (7)
- Random (5)
- Software (4)
- Video Gaming (15)
- Wallpaper (6)
- Album Cover Artwork Inspiration
- Creative Movie Poster Inspiration
- Criss Cross - iPad and iPhone Wallpaper
- Design Inspiration | typography posters
- Exclusive iPad Wallpaper
- Futurism - Limited Edition Prints
- Geometric Silk Scarves
- Geometric Silk Scarves #2
- Inspiring Gallery of Video Game Concept Art
- International Year of Astronomy 2009 Posters
- International Year of Chemistry 2011 Prints
- iPad HD Retina Wallpaper