Brand New Retro – Featured articles in Digital Arts
Digital Arts this week ran a great article called “Brand New Retro” which featured my International Year of Astronomy posters along with some interview text about my influence and approach – which I thought was pretty sweet.
The article covers how creatives are going back to basics and rediscovering the cult of Swiss design and covers this perspective from a number of designers and their projects.
For the inside cover they used one of my poster prints, which looks very nice.
“The posters’ impact comes from their careful arrangement of lines and shapes. They’re slightly aged, leading you to the question whether they come from 1969 rather than 2009. Page describes them as a “subtle minimalistic retro set of designs”. “It’s quite tricky to produce a design which is truly believable as a 1960s or 1970s poster – but I think I have achieved this.”
Check out the full articles in the latest Feb 2010 copy of Digital Arts Magazine.
You’re currently reading “Brand New Retro – Featured articles in Digital Arts”.
- Sunday, January 24th, 2010
- Simon Page
- Artwork (75)
- Design Inspiration (33)
- Design Resources (10)
- Excel (12)
- Filemaker (5)
- Gadgets (26)
- Music (3)
- Photography (3)
- Photoshop (1)
- Press (7)
- Random (5)
- Software (4)
- Video Gaming (15)
- Wallpaper (6)
- Album Cover Artwork Inspiration
- Creative Movie Poster Inspiration
- Criss Cross - iPad and iPhone Wallpaper
- Design Inspiration | typography posters
- Exclusive iPad Wallpaper
- Futurism - Limited Edition Prints
- Geometric Silk Scarves
- Geometric Silk Scarves #2
- Inspiring Gallery of Video Game Concept Art
- International Year of Astronomy 2009 Posters
- International Year of Chemistry 2011 Prints
- iPad HD Retina Wallpaper