My favourite Ferrari the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano is available in LEGO®. Below is the LEGO Racer 8145 model coming in at 1:10 scale measuring an impressive 18 inches in length. I was also very impressed at the look of this as LEGO has really come on from the early days of LEGO Technics. The finished model has the V12 front mounted engine with working pistons and realistic details all round, such as functional doors, boot, hood and steering system. It took me over 3 hours of build time but nothing was overly complicated (mainly due to the great instructions as usual from LEGO) and you get a few spare parts too. Price per part for this model is very good too, ending up with a good sized model.
I have been a LEGO fan since I was small and I’ve always seen them as a techie jigsaw puzzle with the ability to build something that isn’t fixed. I also think they are great for younger minds as its a good way to bring out creativity and problem solving abilities in kids. (as well as a great way to keep them engrossed for a few hours).
With this kit there are plenty of modifications you can make, for instances, with a few more pieces from LEGO you could build the Ferrari Enzo. I am looking into whether it is possible to add a motor to make this into a remote control car.
Others in the LEGO Ferrari range
- LEGO Racers 8142: Ferrari 248 F1 1:24
- LEGO Racers 8143: Ferrari F430 Challenge
- LEGO Racers 8144: Ferrari 248 F1 Team
- LEGO Racers 8145: Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
- LEGO Racers 8153: Ferrari F1 Truck
- LEGO Racers 8155: Ferrari F1 Pit
- LEGO Racers 8156: Ferrari FXX 1:17
- LEGO Racers 8157: Ferrari F1 1:9
- LEGO Racers 8386: Ferrari F1 Racer 1:10
- LEGO Racers 8653: Ferrari Enzo
- LEGO Racers 8654: Scuderia Ferrari Truck
- LEGO Racers 8674: Ferrari F1 1:8