This is The Pad and has titled “The World’s first Cybertecture apartment tower” and consists of 24 storeys, 231 apartments and the entire tower is tilted at a 7 degree angle. The developers are Omniyat Properties.
The Pad has won a number of awards most recent being the Best International Apartment at CNBC International Property Awards in Vegas and Best Residential Development at The Arabian Property Middle East Awards 2008.
The futuristic tower was designed by James Law, James Law Cybertecture International, a global consultancy based in Hong Kong and specializing in the design and strategy formation of Cybertecture Projects
A tech heads delight:
- Real-time projection feeds let you change your outside view, projecting the Caribbean or New York skyline onto your windows
- Bathrooms fitted with equipment that monitors your temperature, weight and blood pressure
- Have dinner with loved ones from across the globe via a video conferencing link projected into your dining room
- Rotating living and dining rooms giving you 360-degree views of Dubai
- Reactive lighting that responds or can be individualized for incoming phone calls and the residents’ moods
- Download pictures, music and video from a central server
- RFID Proximity tags meaning no keys with automatic locking
- Numerous array of voice control commands
Due to complete in quarter 4 2009.